Thanksgiving marks the beginning of a season of merriment and celebrations. It also evokes visions of families and friends gathered around a festive dinner table. But Thanksgiving is more than that. It is a time to reflect on all we have been blessed with and to give thanks.
At Barco’s Nightingales Foundation, we feel especially blessed by:
- Our Community of Compassion without whom much of what we accomplish would not happen.
- Nurses around the world whose dedication and courageous hearts make a difference for those who suffer.
- The universities that continue to educate, research and promote new technologies and avenues of nursing.
In reflecting on this past year, we are grateful to have been able to:
- Expand our hot lunches program for the school children in Haiti.
- Build another solar powered water well in Haiti.
- Send children to Camp Ronald McDonald for Good Times.
- Funded surgical programs with ReSurge International.
We are grateful that so many of you have contributed this year to help make these activities possible. We feel truly blessed to be the catalyst by which we can all make the world better.
All of us at Barco’s Nightingales Foundation wish all of you a very Happy Thanksgiving.
~Michael and Frida Donner