Bringing the gift of life “Water ” to the children in Haiti is an honor. Currently our six solar water wells are serving nearly 40,000 with clean drinking water. Seeing photos like these is such a thrill. We are grateful to our Community of Compassion for your generous support and help. We are hopeful to be able to add more water wells in the coming year.
Did you know…
- Only 55.2 percent of the population has access to an improved water source, while close to 70 percent does not have direct access to potable water. (The Center for Human Rights and Global Justice)
- These figures, however, almost definitely overstate Haitians’ access to improved water sources. Public systems are rarely available year round
- The people of Haiti often resort to gathering water from ‘garbage-filled’ rivers to supply their households with water for their cooking and drinking.
- Access to clean, fresh water is a main concern in Haiti. Waterborne illnesses, such as typhoid, cholera, and chronic diarrhea, cause more than half of the deaths in the country every year.
- Contaminated water is one of the leading causes of childhood illness and the very high infant death rate in Haiti.
Please help fund a solar water well for those in need. We need to raise $30,000 to build a solar water well that produces clean water for 3,000 villagers, improving health and bringing hope for the future. Every dollar counts. Donate now.
~Michael and Frida Donner